Editorial Policies of the CNU Journal of Higher Education
The CNU Journal of Higher Education is a “by-invitation only”, multidisciplinary, and peer-reviewed journal. It aims to disseminate relevant and significant researches across discipline as written by leading scientists and researchers. It calls for original articles (research studies, reviews, theoretical and methodological principles and analyses) on issues concerning the different professions from a multidisciplinary perspective.
- Publication in the journal is upon invitation. An invitation to publish will be sent to authors by the journal management explaining therewith the peer review process adapted by the Editorial Board.
- Invitation to publish will be based on the h-index of the Author.
- All manuscripts must be submitted electronically using the CNU-JHE online system.
- Submitted papers will be subjected to peer-review. At least 2 reviewers will be tasked to review the acceptability of the paper.
- Once all reviews have been received and considered by the Editor-in-Chief, an e-mail with the decision is sent to the corresponding author. The following decisions are possible:
- Accepted without revision
- Accepted , revision required
- In all cases, the editors reserve the right to accept, reject or suggest revisions in the submitted material.
- Only exclusive content that has not been published elsewhere is to be submitted. The journal will copyright all works selected for publication.
- All submissions will be edited for accuracy, clarity, quality, and length.
Peer-Review Publication Policies
All contributions submitted to CNU JHE that are selected for peer-review are sent to at least two independent reviewers, selected by the editors. Authors are welcome to suggest suitable independent reviewers and may be considered by the editorial board, but the editor's decision on the choice of referees is final.
As a condition of agreeing to assess the manuscript, all reviewers should keep submitted manuscripts and associated data confidential, and not to redistribute them without permission from the journal. If a reviewer seeks advice from colleagues while assessing a manuscript, he or she ensures that confidentiality is maintained and that the names of any such colleagues are provided to the journal with the final report. By this and by other means, CNU JHE try to keep the content of all submissions confidential until the publication date.. Although we go to every effort to ensure reviewers to honor their promise to ensure confidentiality, we are not responsible for the conduct of reviewers.
Reviewers should be aware that it is our policy to keep their names confidential, and that we do our utmost to ensure this confidentiality. Under normal circumstances, blind peer-review is protected from legislation. We cannot, however, guarantee to maintain this confidentiality in the face of a successful legal action to disclose identity in the event of a reviewer having written personally derogatory comments about the authors in his or her reports. For this reason as well as for reasons of standard professional courtesy, we request reviewers to refrain from personally negative comments about the authors of submitted manuscripts. Frank objective comments about the scientific content of the manuscripts, however, are strongly encouraged by the editors.
The reviewed articles bear the decisions of the reviewers for acceptance or rejection. In case of diverse decisions from the two reviewers, the editorial board has to convene and decide on the matter.
Criteria for Publication
The CNU JHE receives many more submissions than they can publish. Therefore, we ask peer-reviewers to keep in mind that every paper that is accepted means that another good paper must be rejected. To be published in the CNU-JHE an article should meet five general criteria:
- Relevant to the thrust on Human development studies
- Provides strong evidence for its conclusions.
- Novel or has contribution to knowledge in the discipline
- Of high importance to stakeholders in the specific field.
- Ideally, interesting to researchers in other related disciplines.
Peer Review Process
All manuscripts shall be reviewed using a double-blind review system with at least two (2) reviewers. These reviewers are chosen based on their field of expertise and relevant publications in refereed journals.
Research articles are considered based on standard editorial process that provides authors with detailed comments from the reviewers and the editor. Editorial decisions may be (a) acceptance with minor revisions (indicated), (b) revise with major revisions, (c) reject with option to resubmit, or (d) reject without option to resubmit.
Short research reports are considered using a light-touch editorial review process that is expedited, but does not provide authors with detailed comments from the reviewers. Editorial decisions are limited to (a) accept with minor revisions (indicated) or (b) reject.
The Editors will ensure that each cycle of the peer-review process does not take more than three months for regular articles, and not more than two months for research reports.
The journal publishes once per year; Special issues may be published within a calendar year.
Open Access Policy
The journal provides immediate open access to its content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge.
This Journal has been indexed in ASEAN citation index and Google Scholar.